Distillery Registration: Everything You Need is Here
This page contains everything you need to know, as well as links to all the forms you'll need. Please bookmark this page so that you can return to it to get information about the 2018 festival.
- Friday, January 12, 2018: Free registration ends. After this there will be a $99+tax fee to cover our additional costs to accommodate your registration.
- Wednesday, February 14, 2018: Early bird ticket sales start. This weekend marks the start of your social media campaign.
- Friday, March 2, 2018: Insurance is due. Please review the registration form for insurance requirements.
- Friday, March 2, 2018: Product registration must be complete.
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018 (OR 200 tickets sold): Early bird ticket pricing ends.
- Friday, March 9, 2018: Last day to submit or make changes to your product registration.
- Saturday, April 14, 2018: BC Distilled festival.
A note about auxiliary events: these are still to be determined. If you have any brilliant ideas let me know. I'll send out a note when we've figured this out.
Files & Documents You'll Need to Provide
** PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME ANY FILES BY EMAIL ** I'll provide upload forms for everything.
- Insurance: The Distillery Registration exhibitor agreement outlines your insurance requirement. There is also a summary at the bottom of this page. I'll send a reminder with an upload page in the new year.
- Digital Media Files: At the least I'll need a copy of your logo. I also use a shared folder to distribute files to media who are interested in using them (logos, product shots, etc). You can send me those as well.
- Product Invoice: I will require this to prove that I own all spirits poured at the festival. This invoice will not be paid. Please wait for further instructions before sending me this. Further details are in Exhibitor Agreement. I'll send details with an upload page in the new year.
Day of Timing
- 11:00am: Setup begins
- 1:30pm: Setup must be complete
- 1:45pm: Be ready at your table
- 2:00pm: Trade tasting begins
- 4:30pm: Trade tasting ends
- 5:45pm: Be ready at your table
- 6:00pm: Public tasting begins
- 9:00pm: Public tasting ends
- 9:00-11:00pm: Be packed, collect unsold products from the retailer
You'll be forwarded through each step as you register, but if you need to skip a step and return later, the links are below.
- Distillery Registration: this is the exhibitor agreement and basic registration page ** THIS IS ONLY STEP YOU NEED TO TAKE RIGHT AWAY **
- Product Registration
- Distillery Payment: purchase additional exhibitor passes, ice, or pay your social media fee
- Media Files Upload
- Upload Your Insurance - not yet live
- Upload Your Invoice - not yet live
Other Registration Information
- Purchase Tickets - not live yet
- Media Tickets Request - not live yet
- Industry Tickets Request - not live yet
- Media Files Share Folder - this is the folder we share with media to access pictures, logos, etc
Insurance Requirements - Reminder
This information is also on the registration form.
Exhibitors must forward to BC Distilled proof of insurance with at least $2 million Commercial General Liability, including liquor liability, product liability and contractual liability coverages, naming BC Distilled Media Inc. 406-1050 Broughton Street, Vancouver, BC V6G 2A6 as an Additional Insured.
** This should be a simple rider attached to your regular insurance. It is usually free, but you may be charged a small administrative fee by your broker or insurer. If your insurer quotes you hundreds of dollars, they're doing it wrong.
Exhibitors wishing to insure their exhibit materials, goods and/or wares of exhibits against theft, damage by fire, accident or loss of any kind, must do so at their own expense. Each exhibiting company is responsible for obtaining insurance in such amounts as deemed appropriate at their own discretion.
BC Distilled is not responsible for loss or damage to any property, or injury to any person of the Exhibitor, its agents, employees, volunteers, invitees, licensees or guests. Exhibitor assumes responsibility and liability for all damage, loss and injury to property and persons arising from the movement or operation of Exhibitor’s exhibit, and hereby agrees to indemnify BC Distilled for any loss or liability with regard to the same.