Food Provider Registration
About BC Distilled
- The number of artisan distilleries in BC has tripled since 2012, and shows no sign of slowing down. This is your opportunity to engage with this fast-growing industry.
- Our previous events garnered extensive media coverage and rave reviews by attendees and exhibitors.
- The 2017 festival sold out with over 500 attendees. We had 34 BC distilleries + other exhibitors and food providers.
- Wednesday, February 14, 2018: Early bird ticket sales start.
- Thursday, March 15, 2018: Insurance is due. Please review the registration form for insurance requirements.
- Wednesday, March 7, 2018 (OR 200 tickets sold): Early bird ticket pricing ends.
- Friday, March 9, 2018: Last day to submit or make changes to your product registration.
- Saturday, April 14, 2018: BC Distilled festival.
- The date - Saturday, April 14, 2018.
- The trade/VIP tasting will take place from 2:00-4:30pm (not food is required, but you can send staff to sample if you wish).
- The public tasting will take place from 6:00-9:00pm.
- The venue - Croatian Cultural Centre.
- Ticket pricing - $59.99 (early bird) and $69.00 (full).
- Participation - we have 40 BC Distilleries participating.
Your Restaurant's Participation
What we're asking for
- 2x600 different prepared canapés
- 2 staff to prep and serve
WHAT WE'Re Offering
- We will give you a $400 honorarium to offset your costs. We will pay an extra $50 if you offer a vegetarian or vegan option.
- Your restaurant will be featured on our site and program, and thanked through social media and in our press releases.
- We will gladly make recommendations and introductions should you wish to work with a distillery, either to use their spirits in the preparation of your food, or to pair with a cocktail (we can't promise free alcohol for this but we'll do our best). Our experience is that collaborations tend to garner more attention.
- Your bar staff and management are welcome to attend the trade tasting. Please ask them to complete a request here.
- As soon as possible: review the information and terms below.
- As soon as possible: fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
- As soon as possible: Send firstname.lastname@example.org: High resolution logos in JPEG and EPS format + a media kit if you have one.
- By March 15, 2018: Email me your insurance (see below for requirements).
- As soon as possible: Send email@example.com a description of your two canapés. In the weeks leading up to the festival I speak with more and more media and they always ask what the restaurants will be serving. You'll get more attention if I can actually tell them what it is!
Facilities & Supplies
- The Croatian Cultural Centre has a commercial kitchen which can be used for expediting food, however canapés are to be prepared off-site. If any specific kitchen equipment is needed, please discuss it with us.
- We can provide cocktail napkins for your canapés.
- We will have ice on-site but can't guarantee its supply (we will purchase ice and there is also an ice maker).
What You Agree to
Upon acceptance by BC Distilled Media Ltd. (BC Distilled), this registration form, together with any fees, constitutes a contract for rental of space, assigned by BC Distilled. Any exhibitor failing to occupy space is not relieved of the obligation of paying all fees.
The exhibitor agrees to supply sufficient food samples at no charge to the attendees. Samples are not ‘ticketed’.
Serving it Right
If you are serving alcohol samples, all representatives of your company must have documented Serving it Right certificates. These must be present during the tasting.
If you are using a table, your space will be assigned by BC Distilled. We reserve the right to make the final decision and the right to amend the floor plans or relocate the exhibitor as necessary.
Exhibitors must forward to BC Distilled proof of insurance with at least $2 million Commercial General Liability, including liquor liability, product liability and contractual liability coverages, naming BC Distilled Media Inc. 406-1050 Broughton Street, Vancouver, BC V6G 2A6 as an Additional Insured. This certificate must be provided at least 30 days prior to the festival date.
** This should be a simple rider attached to your regular insurance. It is usually free, but you may be charged a small administrative fee by your broker or insurer. If your insurer quotes you hundreds of dollars, they're doing it wrong.
Exhibitors wishing to insure their exhibit materials, goods and/or wares of exhibits against theft, damage by fire, accident or loss of any kind, must do so at their own expense. Each exhibiting company is responsible for obtaining insurance in such amounts as deemed appropriate at their own discretion.
BC Distilled is not responsible for loss or damage to any property, or injury to any person of the Exhibitor, its agents, employees, volunteers, invitees, licensees or guests. Exhibitor assumes responsibility and liability for all damage, loss and injury to property and persons arising from the movement or operation of Exhibitor’s exhibit, and hereby agrees to indemnify BC Distilled for any loss or liability with regard to the same.
What We Need From You
- Complete the form below.
- Digital copies of your logo (EPS and JPEG) submitted through email.
- Regular promotion of the event through your social media and email list channels.
- Certificate of insurance (see below).
Dismantling and Removal of Materials
The Exhibitor agrees that displays will remain set up during the show’s operating hours.
The Exhibitor also agrees to remove all their items from the show location within one hour of the festival closing time. The exhibitor is responsible for any additional fees incurred for materials left on location after the date and time.
You will be charged if you fail to return supplies provided by BC Distilled (e.g. water jug, spit bucket).
- Failure to adhere to these policies and regulations may result in expulsion from the festival without compensation.
- Serving-it-Right and BC Liquor regulations, and Food Safe standards must be strictly adhered to.
- No food exhibitors or providers may serve alcohol without express permission from BC Distilled.
- Exhibitors must abide by all local health, safety, alcohol and fire regulations at their cost.
- Exhibitors aren’t guaranteed wall space — free standing displays which don’t go much past six feet, as well as banners on or behind the table are fine.
Reducing Waste at BC Distilled
BC Distilled's goal is to be a zero-waste event. In 2016 we worked with volunteers from the SPEC Master Recycler and learned a lot about the type and quantity of waste the festival generates. Based on what we learned at the last event, we are committed to implementing more robust standards in 2017. Please review and follow these guidelines.
RESTRICTIONS & NON-NEGOTIABLE REQUIREMENTS
- Absolutely no disposable plastic serving vessels are allowed. BC Distilled can provide cocktail napkins.
- Serving vessels must be compostable (either PLA "corn" products, paper, or wood-based products).
- No plastic cocktail picks. If you feel you have to use them, they must be made from compostable material only.
- No straws.
- In the kitchen, BC Distilled will provide clearly marked receptacles for compost, glass, plastic, paper products, and garbage. Please ensure your staff make proper use of these.
- Minimize swag and other non-recyclable marketing material.
- Avoid the use of pop cans with plastic holders (which can't be recycled and end up in landfill). Use bottled product instead.
- Avoid non-recyclable decorations such as balloons.