Thank you for registering to volunteer with BC Distilled.
- The date - Saturday, April 14, 2018.
- The trade/VIP tasting will take place from 2:00-4:30pm
- The public tasting will take place from 6:00-9:00pm.
- The venue - Croatian Cultural Centre.
- Shift 1: includes setup through to the end of the trade/VIP tasting - 10am to 5pm. 24 volunteers needed.
- Shift 2: includes resetting for public tasting through to tear-down - 4pm to 10-11ish pm 24 volunteers needed.
- Super-shift: do them both!
What will I be doing?
There are a number of tasks and stations for volunteers. This year I've created a schedule of what needs to be done when, and how many people need to be on each task. There are also designated volunteer stations. The plan (until someone tells me a better idea) is to have volunteers on a station for 30 minutes before switching to something else. One of the volunteer stations is 'sample spirits.
Some of the things include:
- Setup and tear down - getting our equipment rental stuff positioned, getting glassware ready
- Checking tickets, handing out glassware and programs
- Ensuring we don't exceed fire code head counts in either room
- Managing a recycling station
- Emptying buckets and filling water for distilleries
- Traffic direction - welcoming people and pointing out the rooms
- Sample some spirits and pet the puppies
You can check out a copy of my volunteer schedule docs here if you want more details.
What's in it for me?
- Access to the festival - during your shift, there'll be time to take a break and and try the products. If the timing works out, I can also give you a ticket to one of the tasting sessions.
- Depending on your shift, I'll buy food. I'll be sending out a note to volunteers a little closer to the event with options.
- A BC Distilled t-shirt, probably (assuming I get to ordering them)
- A goody bag. TBD.
- A sense of great satisfaction.
I'll review sign ups as often as possible and updating the numbers I need below. I'm willing to go a little higher if I get a lot of interest, but please be aware - I may have to say thanks but no thanks if I get too many volunteers for a time slot.
Last year I had about a 16 volunteers for each shift, but I'm increasing it this year to reduce the workload.
- Shift one needed: 21
- Shift one remaining spaces: 0
- Shift two needed: 24
- Shift two remaining spaces: 7